Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lacrosse Goalies Need The Right Equipment Or Else They Die. Seriously!

For those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, you know how I feel about equipment. There is such an old-school (read "stupid") mentality about lacrosse gear for goalies that it just floors me. I found this article recently about a goalie down in Florida. I don't know him. But the story is something that every parent, coach, and athlete should read. I teared up when I read this because I have taken many balls in the chest like this. Every athletic director should read this blog and read this article because then maybe they will never cheap out on equipment (especially chest protectors) again. Personally, I tell parents and goalies that they should invest in their own equipment right away. Typically it is better than anything the school will give you. And why would you risk a life over cheap equipment.

I'd love to hear peoples feedback on this. Let me know what you think.

Here's thelink: Lacrosse Goalie Struck In Chest

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/030708/met_254598207.shtml